Thursday, August 16, 2007

Letting Go...(response to Oceanshaman)...

On blog patrol today... this great post was found at Oceanshaman's blog about "Letting Go". It stirred up memory of a similar situation that happened some time back.

Years ago I was entering a 7-Eleven while confiding with my mentor about some drama that was currently going on in my life.

As we entered the store, he instructed me to pick up a case of soda. Now with the soda, I kept talking about the problems I had as I followed him about the store. This continued for some time, I kept venting about life as the case of soda got heavier.

Eventually we made it to the check out counter where my friend only paid for a couple of items — he did not pay for the case of soda I was holding. He started exiting the store when I finally asked, "Hey - aren't you going to buy this soda?". He simply shrugged and replied "Nope".

Puzzled, I placed the case of soda's down and started to follow him out the door. When he got to the doorway he stopped, turned to me and said, "I didn't tell you to put those down! Why did you do that?"

Now quite flustered, I explained, "Well you know I don't have any money, and I'm not about to get busted for STEALING soda!"

His hand then rested upon my shoulder and with a sly smile he said, "So then you do see. You can let go at any time. If you continue to carry that weight around, life will become unmanageable."

WHY HATE? — Capitulate!

5 comments:

TomCat said...

Here is your link: http://www.delmarvanow.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070819/NEWS01/708190323

Mary said...

Excellent story!

Robinson1320 said...

just so you know... my old blog has been shut down... someone else has taken it over and is posting as me... but they can not use my blogger name when they do, i shut it down forever, someone else started it back up.. bu t it is not me... i know i can trust you guys to verify this so i would like to send you an email with my password ...
JOHN

TomCat said...

Dang this is confusing. Hey you guys, it's time for a new hate free post. I'm jonesing here.

¿Yh8? said...

heheh, Okay Tomcatz! I promise to have'em coming to you this weekend. We've been extremely busy this past week preparing for some big stuffs!

As ol' Borat sez - You Like!!