Friday, June 15, 2007

The Fart Face

If you are amidst a conversation with a group of poeple and someone says something that's out of line and puts them into the category of a HATER, you can approach the situation with one of the following strategies:

1. Hate along with them. Course this will not make you very well liked among many others.

2. Haul off and hitt'em. Doing this feels justifiably rewarding, until you realize that you've just crossed over the land of Hater Haters, which at times can make you look twice as much as a Hater than the Hater himself.

(Or Use The ¿Y-Hate? approach...)
3. As soon as they say something hateful, simply look at them and without saying a word, give the look as if someone had just farted and continue on. In this case, the Hater is usually too self involved to notice that you are in fact putting him down, but often it begins a process in witch the Hater begins to self analyze what really stinks. Himself.

For more about the Fart Face click here.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I love this advice. Simple but does the trick.

Anonymous said...

I start practice right away. (no not the fartpart)

cathy b. said...

I prefer the "fart treatment". To pretend that no sound has been made the way polite people treat farts. I think the Amish do this ... it's called "shunning" and friends who have said something unseemly to an Amish person say it's quite effective.

Actually if someone uses a *term* that is hateful, I have found that ignoring it makes me feel dirty inside, like I have participated. When somebody uses a term like "jungle bunnies" I now will say briefly "I find that term offensive". They get the message.

If they don't, I just fart at them. (just kidding, I don't know how to regulate my farts so well)

And here's some shameless self promotion: Read my blog at http://usefulstringband.blogspot.com/
I created it just so I could register to make comments on your blog.