Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day

I know this has little to do with anti-hate propaganda, but it IS Father's Day. So in honor of my father, I wanted to post one of the most special gifts I had ever received.

Pemberton has always been a special retreat for my gal and I to take a breather whenever life's struggles got one of us down. It has many trails through the woods and holds much historical character for the shore's native folk. My father (who had never been to the shore) heard one of us mention this special place in conversation only a day before my wedding.

On the day of our wedding, the shore got blanketed with a light dusting of snow (unusual for the shore that late in the year). Without the families knowledge, my father disappeared in the early morn and managed to find this place on the back-roads near Salisbury.

The next day (after our wedding) he gave us this painting (that he did himself, and got framed) of that special place that my new wife and I had enjoyed so much over the years. — Thanks Dad

1 comment:

Mary said...

What a great Dad. You are very lucky.