Monday, June 25, 2007

Random Art of Kindness



I've walked past this sign a bazillion times and every time I do, I think to myself "What a neat place — what a drab sign". I didn't want to complain about the blahness of it, and I personally did not think the owner would complain much if it were modified in this way. So I decided to perform a "Random Act of Kindness". You ever hear of one of those?

Back in the 80's and 90's there was a neat movement called "Random Acts of Kindness". This movement encouraged folks to anonymously do something nice for other people. I first fell victim to this as I pulled through a toll booth only to find out that a perfect stranger in front of me payed my way through. It felt so good to know there were people in the world that were so kind to others without wanting something in return. I had no way of thanking the person, so I began to do the same for others whenever I went through toll booths or noticed someone's parking meter was about to expire.

Since those days, cities have actually outlawed the act of anonymously paying someone else's parking meters. It must be a power thing, or rather they WANT people to park illegally so they can fine them. Personally, I think it just plain sucks to make an "Act of Kindness" into something illegal. If that has to be the case, I guess I shall be an outlaw.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will, Will, did you see that? Our boy's a hippy!!!

Anonymous said...

hahaha, I wonder where he got that from! Nice nice.

Mary said...

That is the coolest! You rock!